dnGREP is a new Open Source GREP utility written in .NET 2.0 (testing so far only on Windows).
A GREP is "a program which selects lines in a file which match a given pattern". dnGREP was designed to provide a fast and stable regular-expression based search/replace functionality to Windows users.
This utility currently supports:
- Shell integration (ability to search from explorer)
- Plain text/regex search (including case-insensitive search)
- Multiline search (ability to search and replace multiple lines)
- Undo functionality
- Preview of search results
- Optional integration with text editor (like notepad++)
dnGREP (current version 0.9.0) can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/dngrep/downloads/list
Suggestions and requests for new features are always welcome and appreciated.
Works with Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Vista
Please rate this article: